Tuesday, April 5, 2011

From the Farmers' Market

Let me start off by saying that I'm mildly obsessed with our local farmers' market. It's right around the corner from our house, which is such a dream.

Ours is open year-round on Saturdays and then twice a week from mid-April through the end of October. We're so, so lucky to live in a place that is surrounded with farms, which makes the goods at our local market even better.

Since I never really realized how easy it was to find great produce at the farmers' market until the last few years, I figured I'd share my weekly finds to 1) motivate me to go on a weekly basis and 2) to make everyone jealous of the long growing season here in the south (sort of kidding about that one).

We also do a CSA that will start up later this month that I might post photos of, too.

So, without further adieu, this week's finds:

 Basil, lettuce x 2, strawberries, radishes, tomatoes, kale, and eggs

Some things we're planning to make with this week's food: pasta w/ sauteed kale, tomatoes, and basil (plus some more veggies left over from last week); gigantic salads w/ lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, tempeh, and cheddar; and egg sandwiches for breakfast (well, just for me, since Kate hates eggs a whole lot). Oh, and the strawberries? Those have already been devoured! I can't wait for even more produce to be in season soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment