Friday, April 15, 2011

What I Read This Week

It's been a whirlwind week, but I still managed to squeeze in a few articles here and there.

Here are some of the highlights!

Gender-Related Things:

The Best of Anthony Weiner Being Awesome by Dorsey Shaw (Oh, how I wish this site would let me embed the video but trust me, it's awesome)

Planned Parenthood Fight Comes to N.C. by Michael Biesecker

New Line of Tween Panties Promotes... Abstinence? by Annie Shields

Jailing Women Who Try to Commit Suicide by Jill Filipovic

A World Without Abortion by Kaitlyn Huegel

Half the Sky: How China's Gender Imbalance Threatens Its Future by Mara Hvistendahl

Now the GOP Is Going After Sexual Health and the Pill-- And the Battle is Just Beginning by Amanda Marcotte

Without This Ring, I Thee Wed: Reactions to Prince William's Ringless Wedding by Eric V. Copage

The Evangelical Sex Disconnect by Sarah Posner


LGBT Links:

Brazil Stadium Turns Pink After "F*ggot" Chants Shock Community by Matt Algren

A Gay Former N.B.A. Player Responds to Kobe Bryant by John Amaechi

There's also a local story that got national attention, which I followed more than I probably should have, but I'm saving that for a post of its own, which will be up when I get my act together and have the time to finish it.

And on that note, I hope you have a most blissful, relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment