Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Like Sales, Part 1

Lately all I've wanted to do is go shopping. Seriously.

But since I have a limited budget (read: non-profiteer marrying a grad student), and since I spent way more money than I should have on clothes last month, I'm settling for making some serious imaginary purchases via this here blog.

And even though these purchases aren't real, since I was raised by parents who loved some bargain shopping, I'm still on the hunt for a good deal.

This time of year, as you may or may not know, lots of stores have gigantic sales to make room for their fall/back-to-school merchandise. This may or may not seem ridiculous to you, based on the current weather in your area (there was a heat index of 106 here yesterday), but hey, according to the big corporations, fall is just. around. the corner.

Given this, I'm reluctant to spend money right now on things I won't be able to wear well into the fall and winter months. When I'm scouring sale racks and websites, I'm trying to keep a few things in mind: 1) will I be able to layer this item in even ridiculously (well, for NC) cold weather and 2) will I be able to wear this item in multiple settings (to work, dinner with friends, the farmers' market, etc.).

Without further adieu, here are some of my favorite picks that meet this criteria from Gap's current sales. Get 'em while they're hot, folks. In the meantime, they'll continue to occupy space in my imaginary closet.


Gap 2011 End of Summer Sale Picks



No comments:

Post a Comment